Friday, November 28, 2008

I Have a Dirty Mind

No, not like that.

I've been cleaning like a mad woman this morning. Well, cleaning up, really. The lady that does the actual cleaning, like floors, bathtubs, showers, etc, is here today doing all that stuff. I can't believe how messy I've become. It doesn't bother me in the least to leave stuff laying out everywhere. Of course, I prefer it clean, but it just doesn't bug me like it used to.


I also used to have the cleanest and most organized cubical in the building when I worked outside my home. Now my desk is almost always a mess.


Okay, I'm about to say something really DEEP. Do you think you can handle it? Hee. I can always gauge the state of my mind by the state of my home, and office especially, since that's where I spend most of my time during the week. If my mind is scattered and cluttered up, so are my surroundings. When everything is neat and orderly and my desk is organized, so are my thoughts and feelings.


So what do you think of THAT, Dr. Freud? Okay, maybe that's not so deep. Whatever. I'm trying to entertain and provoke thought here. Maybe I should just stick to being an idiot and entertaining you that way.

Hope y'all have a nice Friday shopping or whatever it is you're doing. I'm going to go clean up my mind -- I mean, bedroom.

1 comment:

  1. The older I get...the less energy I have. Therefore, the less time I spend on nit-picky projects around the house. I swear, if I didn't have company every couple of months, my house would never get a real good, complete cleaning all at once!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥