Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cake Anyone?

I'm making my mother's recipe for Whipped Cream Pound Cake today. It's a terrific cake with THE BEST consistency and taste. I can't wait for 3:00 coffee so I can have a piece.

Whipped Cream Pound Cake

1 cup butter
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whipping cream (not whipped)
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 F. Cream butter and sugar together well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each. Add the flour and cream alternately until combined. Stir in the vanilla. Place in a greased & floured Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.

I like this cake plain, but you could get creative and ice it or serve it with fruit or chocolate sauce over the top.

I have the whole rest of the day and evening to myself. Barnaby is working 1:00-10:00 p.m. today. I guess I'll eat cake with just my doggies.

We ordered some candy from OldTimeCandy.com last week. It arrived by FedEx just a few minutes ago. I can't remember what we ordered, so I'm going to go dig through the box like a little kid. I do remember Barnaby getting all excited over the wax lips. Remember those? Hee-hee.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever tried this cake before. I wrote the recipe down so I can try it. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥