Thursday, October 02, 2008

San Diego/El Cajon

Day One:

We made it to San Diego safe and sound, and the trip was very uneventful. We went to a little place called Summer's Past Farm that's kind of an arboretum-type place here in El Cajon. They had a handmade soap shop and another little doo-dad shop, but I didn't get anything at either place. Then we went to La Mesa where they have a ton of antique shops and shopped awhile. We didn't stay long because it was so freakin' hot and we were all getting pretty tired at that point.

It's uncharacteristically hot here right now. Just my luck. It was over 100 yesterday, but it's supposed to cool down a few degrees today and even more tomorrow.

We went to Phil's BBQ for dinner last night near downtown San Diego. It had absolutely the best onion rings I've ever had in my life, and I had some babyback ribs. Big Daddy (my sister's boyfriend whose name is actually Art) took us to the Mission Bay beach after dinner. The sun was just about to set, and we took pictures of us acting like fools on the beach.

I'm pretty sure I got some fantastic pictures of us and the sun setting. I can't wait to take them off of my camera and see the full-size version of them. I'm sure I'll post a few here.

Later!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:41 AM

    Thanks for the phone call and post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥