Thursday, September 11, 2008

We Were Robbed

I worked yesterday morning and then forced myself to get out and run some errands. Of course the rain waited until I was out and about to start dumping on us. I went to Hobby Lobby first for some snaps to sew onto a heating pad cover I made. I'm pretty sure I got out of there in less than 30 minutes, which is amazing because I usually stand in the yarn isle and stare. I have a really hard time in that isle. The last time I was there, I stood there for an hour and a half! I'm not exaggerating either. I stand there and stare and put yarn in my basket, then take it back out and put another choice in, and then take THAT out, and on and on and on. Sometimes I just stand there for God knows how long and realize that I'm not even thinking about yarn at all. I'm just standing there like an idiot with a blank mind.


Anyway, I made a conscious effort to get what I wanted and leave. But then I went to Target to buy some big plastic storage tubs. I don't know how long it took me to finally just pick three and leave, but it was a long time. I left the house at 1:00-ish, and when I got in my car at Target, it was 4:15. When I leave the house, I need to wear one of those watches with an alarm that goes off every hour and make that my queue to leave wherever I am.


I still had to stop by Mom & Dad's, so I called Barnaby to tell him I wouldn't be home when he got there and to please feed the dogs because I hadn't fed them before I left. At about 5:45, Barnaby called my cell phone...


HIM: Hi. You need to stop by the store on your way home for bread.


ME: But we have a whole loaf and some --


HIM: No, we don't have any bread. And remember that unopened package of tortillas?


ME: Uh-huh.


HIM: We don't have any of those either. Oh, and that entire package of unopened Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins? We don't have any of those either.


ME: Uh-oh.


HIM: Yep.


ME: I guess the dogs weren't hungry when you got home then?


HIM: Nope.


The little hellion, Fletch, had climbed up in a chair that I had moved into the kitchen earlier in the day to use as a footstool, then climbed up on the counter, walked across the stovetop, and stole all the bread off of the counter. At some point after he feasted on whole wheat bread, tortillas, and English muffins, he decided to share his bounty with the rest of the dogs and took what was left into the living room for them. There were bread crumbs and bread wrappers and pieces of tortilla ALL OVER the counters and floors, and there were little pawprints all over the top of my ceramic cooktop.


I guess I should have fed them before I left.

1 comment:

  1. Ah Ha! He raided the refrigerator while you were gone. Takes after his mom and aunts. Remember we used to do that whenever Mom and Dad left the house to go somewhere... usually grocery shopping?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥