Friday, September 26, 2008

Scrap Afghan

I added two more rounds of trim after this picture was taken, but the picture didn't turn out very well because it was getting dark by then. This was a fun afghan to make. I didn't get bored because of all the color changes.

I nearly broke my foot yesterday morning when I tripped going over one of those baby gates carrying Little Boy. I just laid there kind of stunned as all the dogs just stood around gawking at me. Apparently none of my dogs will be one of those hero dogs that call 911 when their owner is hurt. Hmph! Sammi was horrified thinking that the gate had attacked me, I guess, and she wouldn't get near it the rest of the day.

My foot was a little swollen yesterday, but it seems fine today. I just have a bruise on top of my foot, and you have to really be looking to see it. I didn't twist it or anything like that. I must have just slammed into the gate and scraped my foot against the top of it. I could go into a long explanation about why it happened, but I won't bore you with the details. Just suffice it to say there was a different gate there than normal, and I'm an uncoordinated, accident-prone doofus, especially before my coffee.

I need to figure out what clothes I'm taking to California next Wednesday, and there's plenty of laundry to do. I'm too sleepy-headed to think about all that at the moment because I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet. I'm headed for the kitchen. Maybe I can make it there before falling and breaking a hip.

2 comments:

  1. So far the temperature looks like it'll be in the mid 80's while you are here. It gets kind of cool in the evenings, so you might want to bring a light sweater if you are one to get cold because we will be out some nights. I'll update you again after the weekend.

    Just wear jeans and bring t-shirts. We can always wash your jeans at night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:34 PM

    Sorry about your foot, you probably caught that Fred Flintstone big toe on the top. BP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥