Friday, September 12, 2008

News Freak

I just went to the grocery store and got milk, eggs, bread, sandwich stuff, and some other things for the weekend. Barnaby wants stuffed jalapenos sometime this weekend, so I got the stuff to make those too.

The grocery store was crowded. I guess everybody is grocery shopping in case we get bad storms. Everybody does the same thing when there's a slight threat of snow. Oh my god! We're all going to starve!

I heard that we are now under a tropical storm and flood warning way up here in North Texas. Don't these things usually spawn tornadoes and stuff? That's what scares me. Those dang tornadoes have invaded my dreams since I was a little girl. I guess I'll turn off the Fox News Channel and catch some local news at 6:00 to see what they're saying about it all today. I swear the local weather forecast is different every time you see it.

My boyfriend, Shepard, will have his broadcast shift at 10:00 PM tonight. I can't wait. I love watching stuff like this much more than watching movies or anything else. I'm a news junkie even when there's nothing going on. Stuff like this for me is like a football fan watching the Super Bowl. Is that weird?

It all started with the Branch Davidian incident in Waco. I was watching when all that went down. And then there was the Columbine thing. I was watching that day too. And the Virginia Sniper coverage was really fun to watch and horrifying at the same time. They had continuous coverage of that for at least three or four days until they finally caught them.

And then, of course, there was 9/11. I just happened to be home that morning running late for work, which is extremely unusual for me, when I sat down to put on my shoes and clicked on the TV just before the second plane hit. I was running on just a few hours sleep each night that whole week because I was afraid something else was going to happen and I wouldn't know it. I'd wake up several times a night and turn on the TV to check. I brought a little TV to work so I could watch it. I was really annoyed when I had to leave the house for a family function the weekend after. I wanted to be home watching the news.

Ever since then, I usually have on the Fox News Channel most of the day. Of course I watch other stuff sometimes, but I always check the news between shows and the first thing in the morning and the last thing at night. If there's nothing on I want to watch, I have on the news.

I know this is terribly interesting listening to me rattle on about liking the news. I'll go now and try to think of something more interesting to talk about. I promise it won't be crochet either.

Hee! Geraldo Rivera just got knocked on his ass by a wave while broadcasting from Galveston. Too funny.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:12 AM

    The news is fun to watch. I love it, but I think its because where old. I wish Scott Sams would get blown away with this hurricane/
    tropical storm. Guess who?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥