Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It Feels Like Fall

NO SUGAR DAY 9.

I have a great pumpkin dip recipe for you. I've altered it to use no-sugar ingredients, and it's still just as good as the original. I am using regular molasses, but I'm not worry about that little bit. I'm not being crazy with this whole thing. I use this to dip apple slices in. It's REALLY good.

Pumpkin Dip

1 can pureed pumpkin
8 oz lowfat or no-fat cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup splenda
2 Tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
2 Tbsp molasses
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add pumpkin and remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a plastic container with a lid and refrigerate.

If you want to make the full-fat, full-sugar version, just use the regular version of all the ingredients and replace the 1/3 cup of Splenda with 1/2 cup sugar.

******************************

We've had really cool weather the last couple of days. It's been wonderful. It's absolutely my favorite time of the year. Pumpkins, falling leaves, brown & gold & red-orange colors, a cool snap in the air, long sleeves, boots, the smell of burning wood, and soup & stews for supper. There's nothing like it.

One of the dogs (Fletcher!) stole four apples off of the kitchen counter and ate every bit of them last night while we were gone. There was no evidence of apples left anywhere, just the bag. I can't believe none of the dogs had a bellyache or diarrhea. My guess is that Fletcher snagged the bag they were in off the edge of the counter, and he and Abbey are the ones that ate them, cores, peelings, and all. Sammi probably ate some because she's a little piggy when it comes to food, but I'm not positive about that one. I'm positive about Abbey & Fletch though. I guess I should have learned from the bread-stealing incident last week that I can't keep any food on the counters anymore.

I need to end this and go to the bank and post office. Y'all take care and enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥