Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Got Up at 5:00 A.M.

I finished this Color Block Scarf yesterday.
I need to iron it. I like the colors.

Ugh. I have one of those really painful "bumps" just on the inside edge of my nose. You know what I'm talking about. Everybody has had one. I prefer to call it a bump instead of a zit. It just sounds better, even though we all know what it really is. It bugs me. I look like I'm constantly picking my nose because I keep feeling of it. I don't know why. Boon Pappy would tell me it's a "filth bump." That always makes me laugh.

I am officially gross.

I got up at 5:00 a,m, this morning, which is unusual. I didn't sleep well last night because I kept sweating and itching. It's like I was semi-conscious all night, and it was a long one. I know I slept because I had a couple of really weirdo dreams. I've accomplished a lot in the last four hours though. I finally caught up on entering all our receipts in the budget program we use and balanced the checkbook. I'm usually pretty good about keeping up with that, but I had let it go since mid-August. It feels good to have it done and out of my head.

I also made some oatmeal pancakes. I used the recipe that I posted two or three weeks ago, except I substituted half of the white flour with whole wheat flour and Splenda for the sugar. This is the third time I've made these. I love to have them in the refrigerator to have as a snack with peanut butter. I just grab one cold from the fridge, schmeer it with peanut butter, and roll it up and eat it. Yum. Good snackin' and more than halfway healthy. Those and apple slices with pumpkin dip have been a staple for snackin' since sugar has been banned from my diet.

I want to go get a haircut. The guy didn't cut it short enough for my liking last time and it's bugging me. I could also use a professional pedicure. I haven't had one since last year. I usually prefer to do my own. I don't like those ladies yackin' at each other in Vietnamese, asking me stupid questions, and tickling my feet. Why they feel the need to ask 101 questions is beyond me. Hair people are the same way. I'd prefer they just shut the hell up so I can get out of there. All I end up saying is, "What?" half the time anyway because I can't understand them. Is this your day off? Where do you work? Do you have kids? Are you married? Where do you live? Did you take a crap yet today? Gah. That's why I keep putting these things off.

Man, I kind of sound like I'm crabby today, but I'm really not. I probably just need a nap already since I've been up over four hours now. Did I mention I got up at 5:00?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mom,

    Check out this video on youtube. It relates to your nail salon story.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWrY77o77o

    Love you,

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo! Pretty scarf! I'm too hot to wear anything like that anymore. Maybe one of these days I'll quit having power surges and I can wear sweaters and scarves again! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:16 PM

    Scarf was very cool. I laughed hard about your filth bumb because that was what I was thinking and then I read what you put. Day 5 for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam~ You crack me up! I know excactly how you feel! It's the same at the drug & grocery stores. That's why I prefer self check out. It's not that I am unsocialable, I just don't want everyone knowing my business! I also HATE when a salespeople will flip through a book or magazine that I am purchasing! What the hell?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥