Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Food & Stuff

This was the most frustrating thing I've ever tried to crochet, and I'm never making another one! I bet I had to rip out what I'd done and start over a dozen times. The problem is knowing where you are in the pattern. Even with keeping my place with a sticky note, I still managed to screw it up countless times. I told Barnaby last night that it wasn't going to beat me and I was going to finish it if it was the last thing I did. I just finished it up a little while ago. I win! I attached a little silver heart at the top that says, "Made With Love." Awww, ain't that sweet?


The Book I'm Currently Reading

Salmon Patties, Corn, and Peas

My Breakfast This Morning: Oatmeal Pancakes

Oatmeal Pancakes

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup oatmeal (quick or old fashioned)

1-1/2 Tbsp white sugar

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup buttermilk (I used vinegar & milk)

1 tsp vanilla

2 Tbsp vegetable oil (I used olive oil)

1 egg

Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour batter by 1/4 cup portions onto griddle and brown on both sides.

I had these with Cary's Sugar Free Syrup and they were yummy. I used olive oil in the recipe because I'm out of vegetable oil, and you couldn't tell any difference.

Random: Yea! It's September!

I'm going to the grocery store now fotr those cheesecake ingredients. Barnaby was disappointed yesterday when I didn't have that cheesecake made. Guess I better get to it if it's going to have time to chill before he gets home.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥