Monday, September 01, 2008

Beware of Boring Entry Ahead

I spent at least four hours yesterday evening making THESE. You have to make two of those hearts and then crochet them together before crocheting the edging on. After the two hearts were complete, I figured out that I had done them wrong and had to scrap them. I had stayed up later than normal to finish them after Barnaby went to bed, so I was not a happy camper that I had to trash them after all that work at midnight. I'm not giving up, though. I'm going to start over again today. It should go much faster now that I'm famliar with the pattern. Live and learn.

We should start getting some rain from Hurricane Gustov tomorrow or Wednesday. Bring it on. We need it.

This morning at 6:00 Barnaby informed me that someone had left the cheesecake out on the counter last night. I guess I forgot to put it back in the fridge after I had a piece to soothe my irritation at the crochet debacle. He then informed me that, "He only got one piece of it." Wah. I guess I'll be making another one. I'm not in the mood to do it right now. I'll have to run to the store for more cream cheese and graham crackers first. Maybe I'll cheat and make some of those individual cheesecakes using a cupcake pan.

Is anyone surprised that I'm sleepy and it's only 8:53 a.m.? If so, then you'll really be surprised when I tell you I'm going back to bed now. The dogs got me up too early. See ya.

Note: My back quit hurting before noon yesterday and I haven't felt even a twinge since then. The ice packs and heating pad did the trick. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. Those hotpads are so cute! I wouldn't use them though. I'd hang them up in my kitchen...(hint hint) Hope you get the pattern down. Maybe you can use the "scrap ones" for trivets or something...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥