Sunday, September 21, 2008

Amigurumi Sucks!

Ha-ha-ha. This is so typical of me. I'm all excited and gung-ho about something, and then the next minute I can't stand the site of it.

These little Amigurumi guys are making me bat-shit crazy! I don't have the patience. It's all the counting and counting within counting:

(Example: single crochet in the next 24 spaces 5 times.)

WTF? Why don't they just say, "Single crochet 120 times"? That would make it a lot simpler. The other way I keep getting lost and confused about how many I've done and how many times. I guess I am the stupid one for not thinking to just do the calculation and do it my way.

It also involves quite a bit of sewing, which I hate. And by quite a bit, I mean just a little. Sewing sucks. It just seems like quite a bit when you have to rip it out and start over 50 times.

I was so keyed-up and tense after about three hours, I just had to stop and put it all away. It's supposed to be relaxing and fun, but instead I felt like all my hair was going to fall out from stress. I thought about how fantastic a shot of Jack Daniels would be more than once today, and that almost NEVER happens anymore. Thank ya, Jesus.

Instead, I drew a hot bath with Lavender Bath Salts and soaked away my stress. Drunken stupor averted.

Next stop: Rag Crocheting. It's so cool! I mean, you know, right this minute it is. Maybe not so much once I try it.

Is there such a thing as Crafting ADD?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥