Friday, August 08, 2008

Soup is Good Food

We're just hanging out on a Friday night doing nothing. We're about to decide what to have for supper even though it's already 8:30 p.m. Barnaby has been golfing, and I've been here trying to get over the sweet sickness from having too many mini Reese's cups. (Gastric Bypass patients call it "dumping," and although the doctor who did my VGS said I shouldn't have that with the type of surgery I had, he's SO WRONG.) I had about six, and about 30 minutes after I ate them, they knocked me on my ass. Okay, maybe I had eight or ten -- who counts? I went and laid down and groaned for 20 minutes, and in about 30 minutes, I was over it. It's an awful feeling.

Barnaby has decided to have a sandwich, and since I'm a sandwich snob and don't want a sandwich without really fresh bread and alfalfa sprouts, I'm going to have some soup. I am a food hoarder, so there are at least 10 cans of Campbell's Soup in my pantry at any given time. I don't have it that often in the summer, but you have to have it just in case.

These are the must-have-at-all-times Campbell's Soups:

Chicken Noodle (Duh)
Bean with Bacon (My personal favorite)
Vegetable Beef (Barnaby's favorite)
Tomato (Just because it's good)
Cream of Mushroom (For cooking)
Cream of Chicken (For cooking)
Cream of Celery (For cooking & eating by itself)

I just went and counted...I have 15 cans of regular Campbell's Soup and 5 cans of Campbell's Soup at Hand soups. That's about normal. I have all the above and also a can of Cheddar Cheese, Split Pea & Ham, and Cream of Potato.

Soup is one of those foods that is always better than you think it's going to be. It makes you feel good, too, -- not too heavy and warm in your tummy.

This concludes today's lesson on soup.

I got my hair all whacked off yesterday! (Hee, I said whacked off.) It's back to being really short again, and I love it. I packed up all the hair pieces I bought at the mall and stored them away. I'll probably decide to grow my hair out again some day and might need it. I'm thinking not though, because this short hair is just so easy and neat and clean. I love it. And besides all that, it's too dad-gum hot outside for hair!

I'm off to eat dinner!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:33 AM

    loved the soup lesson.......BP.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥