Friday, August 15, 2008

Pumpkin Bundt Cake, Sort Of

I gathered all my ingredients to make a pumpkin Bundt cake this morning but was lacking one very important ingredient: the pumpkin! Dang it, I would have sworn I had a can. I did have a large can of sweet potatoes and decided to use that instead. They're basically the same thing, right?

The cake turned out fantastic! I used THIS PUMPKIN CAKE recipe and substituted a 29-oz can of sweet potatoes (drained), 1/2 cup of applesauce for 1/2 cup of the oil, and omitted the nuts. I just wasn't in a nut mood today. I was really surprised at how moist and delicious this turned out. I may substitute sweet potatoes for the pumpkin from now on in this recipe. Mine only took about 53 minutes to bake, so be sure and check on it before the hour is up if you make it. Nobody likes dry cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥