Sunday, August 31, 2008

Buongiorno, Bitches!

Peach Bellini

I ordered this Peach Bellini yesterday at a new Italian Restaurant near us, and it was heavenly. It was perfect after walking outside in the heat. The restaurant is called Brio, and it was excellent. I ordered a Bacon, Egg, Cheese, and Tomato Pannini from the brunch menu and it was the best egg sandwhich I've ever had. They soaked the tomatoes in balsamic vinegar, and that made them burst with flavor. I know that sounds dorky, but it's true. I ate half and took the other half home for dinner. It was just as good reheated in the microwave.

We didn't have room for dessert, but I promised Barnaby I'd make a cheesecake at home for later. He wanted a lemon cheesecake, so that's what he got:

Yummy Lemon Cheesecake

The crust was made with half honey graham cracker crumbs and half chocolate because I had one package of each left. It doesn't taste any different than using all honey grahams. I was a little worried that the chocolate grahams might not be that good with the lemon flavor, but it's fine.

I woke up at 8:00 this morning with the bottom of my left butt cheek throbbing. I've been alternately using the heating pad and an ice pack. Hopefully it's just a fluke and will go away. I didn't do anything yesterday that could cause a flair-up that I'm aware of, and I'm for sure doing nothing today to make it worse. I guess I'll read magazines and maybe crochet a little.

I've been taking short, slow walks with Fletch the past few evenings, and I'll continue to do that. I just don't believe that's enough to cause the sciatica to return. If anything, it should help things.

We spent all morning watching recorded episodes of Cash Cab. We love that show! It comes on the Discovery Channel if you're interested, but I don't know what times. We just have our TIVO set to record them all whenever they're on. We had 29 episodes to watch as of this morning. Some of those may be reruns, but we haven't come across any yet, and we've probably watched at least 20 in the past couple of weeks.

What else? Hmmm...

Oh! I'm going to San Diego the first of October with my sister to visit my other sister who lives there. Lordie, I hate to fly. I'm going to wear my sleep mask and blast my iPod in my ears so I can't hear the engines fail, I mean, hear the engines running. And I only have an entire month to worry myself silly. Oh the joy.


The NASCAR race is tonight in California. It usually runs late because of the time difference, so I better go take a nap and get all rested up. That Peach Bellini at Brio was so good, I got the stuff at Walmart to make my own. They were nice enough to put the ingredients right on their menu.

Ciao, Bitches.

2 comments:

  1. OOOOoooo! You'll have to make us some of those peace thingys when you come to visit. I'm sooooo excited that you are making the trip out here! I'm all a-whirl with plans and cleaning already.. ha! Try not to worry (I know... easier said than done!), flying is safer than driving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:30 AM

    I love Cash Cab and kick ass on it sometimes. Sure flying is safer than driving, but it doesn't involve shear terror!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥