Monday, July 14, 2008

White Teeth/White Castles

Okay, check this out...



Here is a picture I took of Sammi & Fletch this weekend.


Now here I've blown up the picture so you can see Fletch better. I have not altered this pictgure in any way other than blowing it up. Do you see the white on his mouth? Those are his bottom teeth! Barnaby and I are always laughing at him because he is always showing his teeth. They are so white and perfect, they look like dentures. I'm not kidding...he really looks like he's got a mouth full of fake white chompers. When I saw this picture, I laughed so hard I cried. I didn't notice when I took the picture that he was doing it again. Hee!


Okay, now on to some good and easy food. You'll be a hero at your house when you make these, especially if you have boys.


Homemade White Castle Hamburgers



The Ingredients
White Castles


1 lb hamburger

2/3 package onion soup mix

1/3 cup milk

1 Tbsp smooth peanut butter

1 pkg small soft rolls (I made mine, but store-bought would be fine)

Dill pickle slices


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Thoroughly mix the hamburger, soup mix, peanut butter, and milk. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and press the hamburger mixture in a very thin layer into the pan (see picture below). The thinner, the better.


Wrap the rolls in foil. Place the rolls and the hamburger in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Drain the grease from the hamburger and slice into squares the size of the rolls. Split the rolls and place a meat square and a layer of pickles on each one and replace the tops. Smash down the tops and pig out!


My husband informs me that this is the proper way to eat these -- no other condiments. I have to agree that these are best when eaten plain with only pickles. Of course, you can add mustard and all kinds of other hamburgery stuff if you want. I'm just passing on the information. I've never been to a White Castle and eaten a fresh one myself, but I've had the frozen ones from the grocery store. They don't have any restaurants in Texas.


This is what the hamburger should look like once you get it on the cookie sheet. Depending on the size of your pan, you may not fill the entire pan. It will shrink up away from the sides of the pan once it's cooked.


1 comment:

  1. The only time I had "real" white castle hamburgers was when I visted Aunt G when I was 17!! I remember they were really good. I'll try your recipe. The peanut butter kind of throws me though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥