Monday, July 07, 2008

Spelling, Baking & Shopping

I'm so grossed out right now. I sucked up a fly through my straw just now while drinking my iced coffee. GAH! That has to happen once every summer or it just doesn't feel right. Remember when I did that last year and I took a picture of the fly I had rolled around in my mouth? Just GAH! That's nasty!

You'd think I'd learn and stop leaving the lid off of the coffee pot to let it cool before refrigerating it. It's not like there's a swarm of flies in my house at all times or anything, but we do kill at least one a day. They fly in through the back door when I open it to let the herd of dogs in 10,000 times a day. I swear the flies just hang around the back door waiting for me to open it so they can get inside where it's nice and cold from the air conditioner.

I didn't take one picture over the weekend. Sue me.

We did go to the mall because I wanted to go to the book store and get Tori Spelling's book. What? I like her! Don't y'all watch her reality show on Oxygen? It's called Tori & Dean Home Sweet Hollywood now. It used to be Tori & Dean Inn Love, but they sold their bed & breakfast and moved back to LA so they changed the name.

Anywho...her book was sold out and nowhere to be found, and it was sold out online, too, and it's not going to be available on Amazon.com or at Target until July 16th. Hmph. Guess I'm not the only one who likes her.

I made some baked spaghetti yesterday that was yummy. I made the whole recipe but split it into two casserole dishes and froze one for later. I should do that more often. Here's the "recipe" I used:

Baked Spaghetti

1 lb angel hair, cooked according to directions on pkg.
1 lb hamburger meat, browned
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 (16-oz) can chopped tomatoes
1 large jar Classico Spaghetti Sauce (I used Tomato & Basil)
1 (12-oz) can tomato juice
Garlic Powder, Oregano, Salt & Pepper, to taste
2 cups shredded Cheddar and/or Mozzerella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil the pasta and drain. Brown the hamburger meat with onions and green pepper and drain if necessary. Add tomatoes, spaghetti sauce & spices, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.

Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Add the pasta and sauce and stir to mix. Pour some or all of the tomato juice on top of the spaghetti. This keeps the spaghetti from getting dried out and soaking up all of the sauce. Add the cheese and mix again. (Or you can just put the cheese on top and bake it that way, but I like it mixed in.) Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.

I really wanted to make another recipe that I got online, but I didn't have any cream of mushroom soup or mushrooms. You basically just replace the jarred spaghetti sauce with a can of cream of mushroom soup and add a jar of mushrooms. Other than that, it's the same recipe. I'm still going to make that one later. The recipe is at Allrecipes.com among all the other Baked Spaghetti recipes.

Let's see...what else?

Oh, I bought some hair extensions at the mall. I was attacked by these Asian ladies who sat me down and fawned over me and stuck all kinds of crap on my head before I knew what was going on. They were talking so fast, and I didn't understand hardly anything they said. All I know is my hair looked fantastic, and I had lots of it. They'd put one hairpiece on and stick a bunch of jewelry in my hair and giggle and laugh and say how pretty I was, and they'd say to Barnaby, "You wife, she's so pretty, yes?" Ha-ha-ha! And they'd giggle and laugh and rip that out of my hair and stick something else in and say, "Oooh, you so pretty!" And they'd rip that off my head and pin something else on and say, "Oooh, that looks pretty! You have lots of pretty hair now! Men like long hair! Your husban, he like it! You need this one too!"

And so I bought a big bag of hair and hair jewelry like an idiot. Whatever. It was fun. And damn expensive, I might add. I just said what the hell and charged it. I rarely ever do that.

I got some fabulous tee shirts at Express. They had half-sleeves, which you can rarely find anywhere, and they were longer in length than regular tee shirts. I hate that tee shirts are too short on me most of the time. I must really be long-waisted or something. Anyway, they were perfect, so I bought two of them. They were on sale for $9.99 and then I got 20% off of that, so they ended up being $7.99 each! Woo-hoo.

I'm going to go stick some hair and jewelry on my head. See ya.

2 comments:

  1. Just don't let those Asian ladies talk you into letting them "waxa yo eyeblou" (you gotta say that in your best Asian accent). I'm still getting over my five-dalla eyeblou waxa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:33 AM

    you gotta put your hair in take some pics. You so pretty. BP Remind me to tell you about work and following the lady to the cath lab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥