Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Howdy

Lordie, it's been longer than I thought...sorry. I got my ass kicked with work while my partner was on vacation. She's back and, of course, we have nothing now. Ain't that the way it always goes?

So since I was in my office 24/7, nothing happened of interest. (Okay, 24/7 is an exaggeration, but still. I did nothing except work and sleep.)

Let's see. Yesterday I made some Zattaran's sausage jumbalaya for dinner. It sucked. Don't bother. It was greasy from the sausage, and there was nothing else in it except rice and spices. Bleh.

I made some Country Style Beef Ribs on Saturday. I tried the simplest recipe I could find on Allrecipes.com and they turned out fantastic. Are you ready for the super-simple recipe? You just place the ribs on a large double-layer of heavy-duty foil, pour your favorite bottled BBQ sauce over the ribs and wrap tightly. Refrigerate overnight. Remove the foil package and place it into a 13 x 9 baking pan. Bake them in the oven for 5 hours at 275 degrees F. They were falling apart and delicious. I placed mine on a baking sheet lined with foil and broiled them for about 3 minutes to set the sauce, but you don't have to do that. I'm not sure it added anything. I also threw together some potato salad with lots of mustard, a little mayo, chopped onion, and dill pickle relish. Then I poured myself a REAL, fully-sugared and caffeinated Dr. Pepper with lots of ice. It was so good.

Are you hungry now?

You'd think I'd have more to say since I haven't written for a week, but I got nothin' else. See ya.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back... I was wondering.
    I think everyone I know from Texas are wonderful cooks, especially things like ribs. I have decided that ya'll must have cooking classes in school. I wish, but know, even though I have Texan in my blood, I am not a full blooded Texan and therefore will never cook like one! The ribs sound great, I may try.
    Also, Dr Pepper is my favorite. I refuse to look at the can to see how much sugar is in one. I don't care, I have few vices, and I am not giving up my sugar fix!
    Thank you for the Birthday comment! Never too late, I am still celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Man! Dr. Pepper sounds sooooooooooooo good right now.
    That is an easy recipe. Even I could do that!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥