Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sammi is in the Hospital

I took her in at about 8:00 tonight because I couldn't stand it a minute longer. They kept her and are giving her IV fluids. Her blood tests showed that her kidneys and liver are fine, but her electrolytes and such were out of whack from being dehydrated. She also had blood in her colon & rectum (ew) from whatever it is that caused all this. We'll probably never know for sure, but I'm nearly positive it was the Coleus. (By the by, another dog was in there at the same time because he was poisoned from eating Verbenea!)

I'm relieved that she's being taken care of, but I feel bad that she's feeling so rotten and is up there alone. I'm going to pick her up at 6:00 a.m. and take her to her regular vet, probably to stay and receive more IV fluids at least all of tomorrow.

That's it. I'm going to bed. At least I won't wake up every thirty minutes to make sure I can feel her breathing like I did last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥