Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pie & Cookies

I need to fix the playlist in order for the player in the sidebar to work. I messed it up when I went in and deleted the songs I didn't choose. Apparently you have to have at least 45 songs for it to work, so I'll have to go pick a few more. Or I'll just delete the whole thing because I'm tired of it already! Patience is not one of my virtues.

Okay, on to important stuff...

My favorite spring and summertime pie is Lemonade Pie. Here's a picture and the secret recipe.



I didn't have any red food coloring -- that's why this one is kind of pale. It's prettier when it's more pink.

Pink Lemonade Pie
(Makes 2 pies)

8 oz cream cheese, softened
14 oz sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)
12 oz frozen pink lemonade, thawed and undiluted
Red food coloring (optional)
Large Cool Whip
Coconut for sprinkling on top
2 Shortbread pie crusts

Mix cream cheese, condensed milk, and thawed lemonade together in a large bowl. Add 2-3 drops of red food color and mix in. Fold in Cool Whip and fill pie shells. Sprinkle with as much coconut as you want. I like lots. Refrigerate at least 8 hours.

This makes a really pretty pie for Easter! Or you can substitute frozen limeade and green food coloring and have key lime pies. I won't tell anybody you didn't put real key limes in it.




I also made chocolate chip cookies with raisins and pecans today for Barnaby. He's sick right now because he ate too many.

1 comment:

  1. I have a dinner meeting this Wednesday with the need to bring a "dish to pass" I think I gotta give this a whirl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥