Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Granny

My Granny


My grandmother will be 96 this year, I'm pretty sure that's right. (Sorry Auntie Gay...I never can keep that straight!) She still puts on her make-up every day. She's always been that way. She said one time when my mom and her twin brother, Uncle Tom, were about 10 years old, she didn't put her make-up on one day and Uncle Tom told her she looked like an old Indian squaw and to go put on some make-up! Ha-ha-ha. I don't know why but that makes me laugh -- Indian squaw. She's always worn make-up since then.

Random:

#1. I have to stop eating cinnamon graham crackers. I should ban them from the house.

#2. I started using an anti-perspirant/deoderant for men called Axe. It's the best deoderant I've ever had. And it doesn't smell too strong like you'd think. In fact, I never notice it at all. There's a ton of different scents -- about six to choose from.

#3. I'm going to clean out my closet and armoir today, put up my winter stuff and get rid of a bunch of clothes I never wear.

#4. My hair is bugging the crap out of me. It's getting long (for me) and getting on my nerves. I don't think I'm going to be able to wear this bob style that hangs down long on the sides in front. It bugs me. And did I mention it bugs me??? Where are my sissors...

#5. I wish I had a pool in my backyard sometimes. If I did, I'd go swimming this very minute.

#6. My tooth that just had a root canal? It still hurts to touch it. I don't think that dentist got all the nerve out. It shouldn't have any feeling at all, right? Ugh.

3 comments:

  1. Back to the dentist! BEFORE the crown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Granny is adorable! I had a great grandmother that made me smuggle in makeup when she was in intensive care, she said you never know who you might bump into.

    Be careful with that root canal. I had one done a couple of months ago and was so terrified. God sent me the Endodonticts Heaven! His entire staff was so gentle and loving. One of the DA held my hand. THey were so good to me, and best of all, no pain!!! I haven't had any trouble at all. Occassionally I feel discomfort at the gum but just give it tlc when brushing and it's better within 24. You should not have any feeling left in there. My Endodontist found an extra nerve inside and removed it. I must be a freak, he said I should have only had three but they found a forth tiny nerve. Maybe that's what happen to you too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, those cinnamon graham crackers are addicting aren't they? I bought some one time because I thought they'd be diet friendly, but I ate a whole pack at a time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥