Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wednesday Nite

I ended up doing nothing today, pretty much as I expected. I didn't leave the house except to get the mail at the curb.

I downloaded some Daily Food and Activity Logs at ShapeUp.Org, and printed them. I ended up eating really well today. As usual, I ate most of my calories between 4:00-9:30. I like to eat dinner around 4:00-4:30 pm, like I'm 85 years old or something, and then I get hungry around 7:00 pm and again around 9:00 pm. Everything I ate was good for me except that 1/2 of a Snickers I ate (I split a whole one with Barnaby). That's what I get for buying it. Doh!

A nutritionist would try to tell me if I'd eat more at the beginning of the day I wouldn't be so hungry and overeat at night, but that's bull. I've tried it. It doesn't work. I eat in the evening whether I'm hungry or not. And I sleep so much better when my stomach is on the full side. If it's not, then I get up in the middle of the night and eat whatever I can get my hands on -- usually crackers of some kind, or a peanut butter sandwich, or cookies if we have any, and skim milk. You gotta have milk with a snack. And whatever I eat always tastes great because it feels like I'm sneaking it. That's so weird. I'm a grown woman in my own house. Why does it feel like I'm doing something I'm not supposed to?

I ate 1/2 of a baked chicken breast, raw baby carrots and cucumber for dinner. Then I watched TV (reruns of Ghost Hunters) while I did three loads of laundry -- sheets, blankets, and dog bedding. Then I ate 1/2 of a Snickers, 1/2 of a peanut butter sandwich, and a bowl of cereal with skim milk. Ugh. I'm full now.

I just happened this time to be standing in the laundry room well after I had started the washer, and all of a sudden water started running all over the floor. I yelled some kind of profanity, I'm sure, and the dogs started barking, and Barnaby ran in to see what all the commotion was about. We never did figure out exactly where the water was coming from, and I ran another load of laundry through the washer with no problem. I think the hose was probably jammed up with dog hair, and when Barnaby moved the washer to look behind it, the hose straightened out enough to clear the clog. That's my guess since everything else in this house has been jammed up with dog hair at one time or another, and I was washing dog stuff. Do you think that's gross? I don't. Doesn't bother me in the least! I sure would like one of those new front-loader washers though. I was kind of disappointed when the old one unjammed, to tell you the truth.

We are not having Lowe's install the tile in the master bedroom. They are charging us WAY too much for the labor (over $1500 -- the tile and supplies are less than $700) and Barnaby has decided to do it himself. I know. I don't have the energy to argue with him. If he wants to do it and it saves us $1500, then what do I care? Maybe I CAN get one of those new front-loader washers.

Okay, it's almost 10:30. It's way past time for my happy place and a magazine article or two. L.B. is beside himself because we aren't there yet.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:02 PM

    Yep, way to much dog hair, one time I came over in a t-shirt and came home with a fur coat. You are nasty. BP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥