Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wart! Wart! Wart!

I hate that commercial! Remember when I told you about the wart I've had on my finger for longer than a decade -- more like 13 years?? It's totally GONE. And it's the mega Vitamin D I'm taking, I just know it. I tried everything under the sun to get that damn, gross, hideous, distressing thing to go away, and nothing worked -- not medical excision, not prescription creams, not lotions or potions, not duct tape, not garlic, not old wives tales (like burying a friends kitchen towel in the dirt and not telling them -- Hey! Maybe that's what happened to my kitchen towels!), and all kinds of things. I have seriously thought about cutting the end off of my little finger just to be rid of it. For real. That's how distressing it's been. It just made me feel nasty and dirty and self-conscious. Kind of like a fever blister on your lip, only it's been there for 13 years. Three-and-a-half weeks on 50,000 IUs of Vitamin D per week, and *poof!* it's gone! The Wart Fairy came and took it away -- or the Vitamin D Fairy -- or however that stuff works in Fairyland. I bet she's pretty, whoever she is.

Doc thinks it's the Vitamin D boosting my immune system, but he can't say for sure. He also thinks it will eventually fix my tight, spasming muscles, too, once the levels are up and steady. I went to see him for another blood test to check the D level today. He doesn't think it's where it should be yet because of everything I've described that's going on lately is still happening except the wart and the sleeping issue. We'll see. I'm definitely going to keep with it, though, either way. He'll drop me down to 2,000 IUs per day once the level is where he wants it.

Anywho, it's a MIRACLE, that's what it is.

This is the end of, "More than you ever wanted to know about warts and Vitamin D but were afraid to ask." I promise I won't talk about it anymore.

You know that's a lie, right?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:01 AM

    HEY, the kitchen towel worked and it was Mamaws! God rest her soul!
    She probably soaked it in boric acid because my fingertips fell off too. B Pippy, Thats my hip hop internet name, Don't hate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:14 PM

    I've had a pesky wart next to my middle fingernail on my left hand for about 8 years now and I am still trying to get rid of it, like you I have tried everything, to no avail. Also considered chopping my finger tip off. They really do get that bothersome don't they!!! I was just thinking to myself 'i wonder if warts could be related to a vit D deficiency'.. and came across your site. Now I'll have to try it. It's interesting you've been taking it orally, and in that quantity... I am considering getting a lamp that generates the right rays...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥