Monday, May 12, 2008

Sunny Monday

I haven't updated because there is just not anything except the SOS happening around here. See, I'll show you...

What I've done over the past few days:

Baked bread (Steakhouse Brown Bread -- just okay. It was a little bit bitter for some reason. I thought it would be too sweet because it had 1/4 cup of molasses and 2 tbsps brown sugar, but it wasn't -- and Garlic Yeast Bread, which I didn't try because I gave it to my mom.) I'm going to make another loaf of the garlic bread today at Barnaby's request.

Crocheted -- I'm determined to finish my sister's burgandy shell afghan before summer! That damn thing has been hanging around here for at least three years -- no lie. It's my favorite afghan of all I've made so far, which is about seven, so I don't know why it's taking so long for me to finish it.

Baked a cake -- It was for Mother's Day coffee at my sister's house yesterday. Elvis Presley Cake (basically a white cake with pineapple & juice poured over it and cream cheese frosting). It was really good. I tweaked the recipe a little by only using 3/4 cup of sugar in the pineapple instead of 2 cups, and it was still very sweet. I also used a big can instead of a little can of pineapple. It's a keeper.

Mother's Day -- Like I mentioned, we had coffee and cake over at my sister's yesterday afternoon at 3:00.

Sold the couch & loveseat -- We sold the couches to the lady who cleans my house. Actually, we traded her for house cleanings instead of taking cash. My living room only has two recliners, a coffee table, and an end table now. There's much more room now. I loved the couch and loveseat, but they were just to big for our living room. It was claustrophobic. I'm not sure what we're going to do now. Probably nothing for awhile, and then we'll probably end up buying a smaller couch sometime down the road.

Ripped out the carpet in the master bedroom -- I removed it on Friday. It was dirty and bugged me, so it's gone. Barnaby was making a trip to the dump on Saturday, so I figured this was a good time to get rid of it. I'm getting another estimate for new carpet and/or tile floors. I already got one estimate, but I think it was too high.

Slept, napped, drank loads of coffee, went out to eat Italian food, went to Lowe's, pruned the roses, worked just a little, did a little laundry, dyed my hair, and that about covers it.

Tumah update: I'm not too concerned about it despite the drama queen antics when I first noticed it. From all I've read, I self-diagnosed it as a ganglion cyst and nothing to freak out about. If it gets worse or bothers me, I'll see a doctor about it. Until then I'll just draw a smiley face on it and maybe some teeth and hair. He'll keep me company or try to cripple or kill me. We'll see.

Sammi has turned into the sweetest little lovebug since Fletch arrived. She's not nearly as wild and bratty as she was. She wants to cuddle and be petted and held all the time -- that is, when she's not playing with Fletch. She loves that she has somebody to run and play with now that can keep up with her. She loves for him to chase her around the yard. They're definitely good buddies.

On the agenda for today: Finishing laundry, going for an hour-long walk, monitoring email for work, although I'm not expecting any today, and baking that garlic bread.

1 comment:

  1. oh cool! I just noticed my Etsy shop button on the right side of the page. Neat!

    You're cake sounds good and so does the bread! Yum!

    Glad Sammi has a buddy to run and play with. I guess the retirees weren't really in the mood for all her energy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥