Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's Me Again


I'm going to update again today just because I want to. I don't have to have a reason. Stop hounding me.

I gave up trying to get all of them in one picture. Phoebe was mid-bark. She was bitchin at me to just take the picture already. Little Boy is under the coffee table acting like a weirdo and not wanting his picture taken. Whatever, L.B.

Sammy looks totally drunk. She cracks me up.

The walking thing is still going great. I'm still walking every other day 3-4 miles. Well, today I only did 2.5 because the back of my left thigh hurts like an SOB. I musta pulled it stopping to pick up a penny. I always pick up pennies, and it really hurts after I've been walking awhile because my muscles are really really tight. Why are my leg muscles really really tight like that when I walk? Does anybody know? They don't loosen-up after I get warmed up either. They're tight the whole time. They're like wound-up rubber bands that could pop and break at any second. And have I ever mentioned I sweat like a pig? I'm pretty sure I have, but I'm mentioning it again. I sweat like a freakin' pig, people! Well, not really like a pig. It doesn't come out my nose or anything, but I sweat a lot. My hair gets soaking wet just washing the dishes. You can imagine what I look like after walking 4 miles. Ick. Red-faced, wet, tight-legged, pennies in my pocket, iPod-listening, pot-bellied lady just trying to get some exercise. Stop making fun of me. At least I'm out there!


New Weight Bench. I know. I've gone crazy.

A guy came and measured the master bedroom and bath today. I went and picked out some tile at Lowe's yesterday. I want carpet in the bedroom, but Barnaby wants tile because of the dogs and I let him have his way. I'll take pictures when it's done. I have to wait for them to call me to schedule the installation.


I hate American Idol this season. I don't like either of the two finalists. In fact, I didn't like any of the contestants, period, except Jason Castro, and even he got on my nerves after awhile. I don't like David Archeletta at all. He's a snot-nosed little kid. Who wants to hear a 10-year-old sing? He's not really 10 years old. I think he's 17, but he looks and sounds like he's 10. Eww. It's creepy. And that other guy, David Cook, has a comb-over. Dude, stop trying to hide the fact that you're balding. It only accentuates it.

You know what that reminds me of? Howard Stern. He once said that he doesn't grow a mustache because he has such a big nose, it only underlines it. That cracked me up hard.

And now here is a recipe for you. Barnaby brought this home from one of the secretaries at work. I made it this weekend, and it's easy and good.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake

1 (18.25-oz) chocolate cake mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Frosting:

1 (12-oz) can whipped chocolate frosting
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.

In a large mixing bowl on medium speed, mix together eggs and peanut butter. Add oil, water, and cake mix. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan and bake 30-35 minutes until tests done. Cool about 30 minutes and frost with chocolate-peanut butter frosting. Sprinkle with nuts and chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥