Monday, April 07, 2008

The Weekend

The weekend was quite eventful. Well, at least for the Hermit Household.

Barnaby and our Neighbor, I'll call him Chuck, decided to tear down both of our fences and build new ones. Last week was filled with much planning and lumber-buying and hauling and many trips to Lowe's and Home Depot for various and sundry tools and man-crap. Saturday morning bright and early the fence building commensed.

I thought I'd be a crazy woman within two hours of the banging and hammering and compressor noises, but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that bad at all. Almost the entire day Saturday was spent tearing down the old fence. They got a few support boards up before calling it a day.

That's when we lost our minds and decided to have a cookout. Yes, the Hermit Household became the Social Society and had the neighbors and some family over to our patio for brats and chips and stuff. Aside from the 4-year-old kid, it was a nice time. He was a good kid and all, but he was SO FREAKIN' LOUD. Good Lord. It made me nervous, and I thought more than once or twice about drinking every drop of the Sangria my neighbor brought over straight from the bottle, but I didn't. They finally left at 9:15, and we came in and went to bed.

Then it all started over again the next day. The neighbor's kid came a knockin' at our back door wanting to play with Sammi, and OH HELL NO. I could not take listing to that crap, so I told him it was too hot for Sammi to come out. (What?! That's all I could think of on the spur of the moment. Shut up.) He bought it and left. Thank ya, Jesus.

I made a lemon cake Sunday for Three O'Clock Coffee, and my Mom and Dad came over again. My Dad surveyed the fence-building and made sure they were doing everything right, they ate cake and drank coffee and left.

I have the recipe and a picture of the cake, but I'll have to post it tomorrow because the camera is outside in the back driveway in my truck, and I don't wanna go out there just because I'm a freak like that. Goodbye Social Society/Hello Hermit Household.

The fence building project is still not complete, but they did finish the perimeter. All that's left are the gates and the part that separates our two backyards, which is pretty small compared to what's already been done.

Some other stuff happened in-between all of that, but it's making me tired just to think about it, so I just hit most of the highlights for you, and now I'm done.

Hello, beautiful Monday. I got up around 9:00 and fed the dogs, drank a cup of coffee, ate a teenie piece of lemon cake, and then we all piled back into bed and didn't wake up until 2:00. I just ate two bananas, fed the dogs again, and now guess what? I think it's time for a nap. Okay, not really, but it won't be long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥