Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pics & A Recipe

An amethyst sandwich glass plate I won on eBay a few days ago. It's prettier in person.


A hotpad I crocheted over the weekend. It's prettier in person too.


An amethyst vase I got at an antique store on Saturday.


Steak & Chicken kabobs I made and grilled Sunday night. They looked better in person and tasted great.


Pam's Honey Broccoli Slaw

Mom and I had something similar to this at a deli this weekend. I couldn’t find a recipe like it online, so I threw this one together. It turned out really well. Yummy (woo-hoo!) and healthy (boo!).

Pam's Honey Broccoli Slaw

Large bunch of broccoli, shredded
½ red bell pepper, shredded
1 carrot, shredded
1-2 Tbsp red onion, shredded
2 oz slivered almonds (not sliced)
3 oz raisins (two 1.5-oz snack-sized boxes) or dried cranberries
¼ cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
1-2 Tbsp honey

Shred broccoli, red pepper, carrot, and onion in a food processor. Add almond, raisins, cheese, and honey and mix well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥