Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Now I'm Manic

I swear. Today I'm all chipper and hyper and going for walks and shopping and cleaning. I'm happy as a clam!

And I did say "manic" not a "maniac." Does anyone else confuse those two? I only do when they're written words. My brain no comprendo. I have to read those words several times to figure out which one it is. Stupid much?

I made the Almond Glazed Bundt Cake yesterday. I only made half the recipe and baked it in a loaf pan. It's too sweet for my taste, but it was a good cake if you like almond flavor. I probably won't make it again just because I prefer butter or vanilla flavor.

I also made half a recipe of Lemon Meltaway Cookies with lemon icing. We bought some cookie cutters at an antique store over the weekend that are shaped like card suits (diamond, heart, spade, and club), and I wanted to try them out. That recipe did not work for cutout cookies. You're supposed to slice them and they're very delicate. I need to find another recipe to use before our next poker party. Suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated. Send them HERE.

I dropped my blow dryer directly into the dog water bowl yesterday. I keep a bowl of dog water in the master bathroom because it's easier to fill up in the tub than in the kitchen sink. It's a big bowl. Anywho, my blowdryer is dead now because I'm not about to plug it in and see if it works. I'm not fond of electricution.

So...I went to the drugstore and lost my mind and spent $120. The blowdryer was only $14.99. The Zyrtec was $31. I'm trying the Zyrtec out for my allergies. So far so good today. The rest of my basket was filled with various and sundry things like nail polish, cuticle cream, a round rubber disk (disc?) thingy that's supposed to work like a pumice stone, 2 boxes of fake finger nails, self-tanner, hairspray, hair color, a handheld battery-operated fan I just couldn't live without, some vitamin water, a small chocolate milk, and a can of the new Pssssst. I think that was all. (Do y'all remember Pssssst? They now have new stuff out for blond hair and brown hair. It's a dry shampoo.)

Definitions of Manic on the Web:

  • A state of high excitement and activity found in bipolar affective disease and occasionally with other mental illness.
  • Mania is a severe medical condition characterized by extremely elevated mood, energy, and unusual thought patterns.
  • Manic is a 2001 drama film directed by Jordan Melamed and written by Michael Bacall and Blayne Weaver. (Ha! That one made me laugh)

2 comments:

  1. Okay... so do you think you're bipolar or menopausal? Better ask your doctor on Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:56 AM

    I don't think its bipolar, oceankisses. I swear it was in the water in G-town. It made us all crazy. BP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥