Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Feast or Famine

Lots of pictures today to make up for the lack of pictures lately...


Lemon Cake
(Yes, lemon, even though that's lime zest in the glaze because that's all I had.)
Recipe is at the end of this entry.

Two dish mats I made over the weekend and Monday. You're supposed to lay them on the counter next to your sink and drain washed dishes on them. I use mine all the time but got bored with the purple one I've used for several years, so I decided to make myself another one or two. I've had those granny squares (left) made for at least three years. I have enough to at least make one more of these mats. It was originally going to be an afghan, but I guess I got bored with it. I made the one on the right to get rid of scrap yarn. (And then promptly went out and bought more! What's the point?)

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and went crazy buying fake flowers and pots to decorate the front and back porches. This is going out front, I think.

This one is for the front porch. I fell in love with the pot and bought it even though it wasn't on sale. I got the flowers and stand for 50% off. I like it so much, I don't want to put it on the front porch where I'll rarely see it, but I guess I will anyway. Maybe.

I bought three of these hanging baskets for next-to-nothing. Those are mini red roses just like the pink ones in the pink pot. I haven't decided what to buy for the other two yet. I have some purple hydrangeas that I may put in them.

Okay, now here's the lemon cake recipe:

Easy Lemon Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon butter extract (or lemon)
1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
Lemon zest

Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine gelatin mix and cake mix. Mix well. Add next 4 ingredients - oil, eggs, water and extract. Mix well. Grease a Bundt or tube pan and bake 40-45 minutes.

To Make Frosting/Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and zest. Glaze cake while still hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥