Sunday, March 16, 2008

What We're Doing

We spent Saturday at Trade Days in McKinney, Texas. We walked and walked, we ate corn dogs, we ate funnel cake, and we ate roasted corn on the cobb. Barnaby bought some poker chips, a hat, and some earrings for me when I wasn't looking. I begged for a puppy. Just the usual stuff when we go there. I got a sunburn on my chest, but not a bad one. It's red but doesn't hurt. I remembered sun block for all my body parts except there. It was a fun day.


Today Barnaby is in the garage building me a bedside table. I had a specific type of table in mind and haven't been able to find one on Craig's List or anywhere else. He says he can do it in about two hours before the race starts.


I'm in the kitchen making that Asian Noodle Salad I bought the ingredients for yesterday. It took an hour to chop everything up and prepare the dressing. Now I just have to throw it all together when it's time to go racing. I can't wait to dig in. It's so fresh-smelling.

You can't see it very well, but that's my new Kitchen Aid timer on the right. I used it for the first time this morning.

I'm making an iced tea concoction using 5 Zen Tazo tea bags and 2 regular Lipton tea bags. The Zen tea has lemongrass and spearmint in it. I'll let you know how it tastes.

It's about time for the pre-race festivities. I'm outta here!

Go Jeff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥