Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm Blank

My mind is blank and I can't think of anything to blog about so I decided to just come here and start typing whatever comes to mind. That's dangerous, I know.

Even though my cheap-o $15 glasses are butt-ugly, I can see really well with the glasses so I ordered another pair from a different web site this time (still one of those cheap ones on the web page I posted: http://www.eyebuydirect.com/). I didn't get bifocals, even though it would have only added about $75 to my total which is cheap compared to retail. I found some Fire fashion frames similar to the Vogue frames I had. Here they are:

These frames WITH lenses are $39.99. I also got the upgrades listed below. Note the cheap prices for the upgrades. They charge at least $50 to $100 for each of these things at retail eyeglass stores.

1: Anti-Scratch = $5
2: Anti-Reflective = $6
3: UV Coating - $2

AND shipping was only $4.95, AND if you type in "glassyeyes" in the coupon field, you get 10% off. So I ended up paying a grand total of $54.21 for these prescription glasses. Buy online!

Please note the green blinky bar that isn't blinking in my right sidebar ---->

I spent way too much time trying to figure out how to make those blinky bars yesterday. My patience wore thin rather quickly so I didn't do the animation part that makes it blink. Maybe some day I'll be more willing to spend the time and do it. After about an hour of trying to make one from scratch with my Paint program, I gave up and found a site that had the bars already made. You could add letters and graphics by simply dragging and dropping them in on the web site. Then you had to use an animation program that you could download for free to make them blink or move or wave or light up or whatever. Here's the link: Blinky Maker

I need to run some errands today (like the bank, Staples, and places like that) but I don't want to. I just want to stay home. I know you're shocked.

I mixed up some cookie dough the day before yesterday and stuck it in the refrigerator. I guess I could go in there and make them. These cookies are my absolutely favorite cookie ever. Barnaby's mom sends them in her Christmas cookie assortment every year. They are really crumbly and grainy and different. The texture is what makes them my favorite. There's always a huge pile of crumbs in the bottom of the coffee can she sends them in, and I like to eat that with a spoon. It's so good! I like them plain, but Barnaby likes them with chocolate-mint chips, so I usually add the chips to half of the dough and leave the rest plain. Here's the closely-guarded recipe just because I love you:

White Cookies

1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
1 cup oil
1 cup white sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp vanilla
Chocolate-mint chips (optional)

With an electric mixer, cream butter, add sugars, and mix well. Slowly add oil while mixing, and then add eggs. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar. Add half to the sugar mixture and mix well by hand, then add the other half. Fold in chips if using.

The original recipe says to refrigerate overnight, but I rarely do this and they turn out fine. So refrigerate the dough for a few hours or don't -- your choice.

Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Press down balls with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Remove cookies to a cooling rack, cool completely, and store in a cookie jar. If you use a tupperware-like container with a tight-fitting lid, the cookies will not be as crumbly and delicious. If you use something like this, leave the lid off a tad so the cookies can get a little air.

I forgot about Old World Butterhorns when I said those White Cookies were my favorite cookie of all time. The Butterhorns are really my favorite. If you've never had them, they are a cookie made with yeast and look like little crescent rolls. Oh my, they are good! I've only made them once, and that was years ago. It makes a huge mess and takes some time to make them. Maybe I'll post that recipe tomorrow if you're good today and eat all your supper.

Well, this was a pretty good post for not having anything in mind when I started. I'm finished now.

Talk at ya later, friends.

2 comments:

  1. Good deal on those glasses. I can;t get prices that low and I have work paying for everything but the frames!

    Having linguine & clam sauce tonight, so I'll only eat half my dinner. (We're ordering out Italian tonight - their servings are huge!) Does that mean no cookie recipe tomorrow? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sister! Thank you for the "cool stuff" side bar button. You made my day!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥