Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Turkey Waddle

Is this not the cutest screensaver ever? Of course, he's moving around and licking all over the screen in person. If you want it, send me an EMAIL and I'll send it to ya. It makes me laugh hard.


I made a nice dinner last night using a new chicken casserole recipe. (New to me at least) It turned out fantastic even though I changed quite a few things from the original recipe because I didn’t want to have to go to the grocery store so I just used what I had. My version is below. The original recipe can be found HERE. I can’t imagine that it could be any better! The stuffing makes a really nice, crunchy topping.

Chicken & Rice Casserole

1 can chunk white chicken
1 cup uncooked white rice
1 can chicken broth
1 cup frozen green peas
1 jar chicken gravy (I only had beef, but it worked)
1 cup dry stuffing (StoveTop or Pepperidge Farm)
½ stick butter, melted
black pepper, garlic powder, and celery salt (to taste)
Bring chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan, add rice, turn the heat down to low, and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook approximately 20 minutes or until there is no liquid left in the pan. When the rice is done, mix in the frozen peas, black pepper, garlic powder, and celery salt and set aside. Drain canned chicken and set aside. Melt ½ stick butter and mix with the stuffing mix in a small bowl.
Spray a medium-size casserole dish with cooking spray. Spoon the cooked rice & peas into the bottom of the dish, then lay the chicken on top of the rice, pour gravy over the chicken, and top with buttered stuffing mix. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

I also made a Pineapple Cake for dessert. It was really good and easy to make, but beware – the pineapple custard frosting is gag-me rich!

I found some mascara I like...

CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Blasting Mascara
It makes big, fat lashes. It still smudges on my eyelid though.
*********************
THE RED HAIR
Lookie how "long" it is!

After seeing these pictures, it's official. I'm getting a chin job this summer! Gobble-Gobble!

GROSS! I'm Horrified.

3 comments:

  1. The red looks great on you!! I have the same little neck dealie working. I consider it a badge earned from losing weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:49 AM

    Yeah, I have the same thing but its starting to go all the way around my head and down my body. BP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Smokes! I swear your neck did NOT look like this a couple of weeks ago. That is MY neck. OMG! I hate my neck. I'm thinking about getting one of those Lifestyle Lifts. Have you checked into that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥