Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday Stuff

We're having two couples over to play cards tonight. I'm making spinach dip, sausage/rotel dip, and Rice Krispie bars. Everybody else is bringing something too. This just happens to be the day my cleaning lady came so I lucked out there. She's here now. Barnaby wants to make this a regular once-a-month deal. We'll see. He's really pushing this socializing thing. I'm the girl with social anxiety, remember? I'm the one who panics and hides when she sees someone she knows wherever she goes, remember? I'm the one who takes meds so I don't totally freak out in those situations, remember? We hadn't had people over (other than family) in 17 years because of it up until a month ago, remember? Now all of the sudden I'm supposed to be a party animal? It's been getting easier since I've socialized more this past year, but it's still hard.

You've all seen this grippy shelf liner stuff, right? There was an article in one of my magazines that suggested other uses for it, and one of them was to place it under your computer keyboard to keep it from sliding around. I'd been having that annoying problem for quite awhile and bought some at Target yesterday for $1.99.
Works like a charm!

I'm dying my hair red tomorrow. Light auburn is the color on the box. I had used Lightest Auburn since high school before I let it grow out my natural color a couple of years ago. I'm ready to go back now. I'm waiting until tomorrow in case something goes terribly wrong and I end up with orange hair tonight with company coming. Talk about social anxiety. At least I'd have a good reason for it.

I have a confession, and I don't want to tell it but here goes...I've gained 9 lbs over the last two months, and I'm starting to panic. I don't feel like I've been eating any more or any differently either, but I've got to get it off NOW. Can having high blood sugar make you gain weight when you're not taking in more calories? Hmm. I must investigate so I can blame it on something other than me being a piggy.

Gotta go!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, for moving out of your comfort zone! Experimenting is good. You know your limits.
    That's a great way to use that non-slip liner stuff. I'm gonna get some for my keyboard tomorrow!
    Good luck with the new hair color and good idea not to do it tonight!
    Now about the 9 lbs. .....
    yes, remember that the high blood sugar can increase your appetite so the thing to do is keep the blood sugar down and the only way to do that is with a diabetic diet. I know..... pain in the ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:55 PM

    Hell I don't know anyone who doesn't have it. ROCK ON

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥