Monday, February 04, 2008

Just Stuff

I'm alive. There's just nothing happening. I've been a shut-in except for seeing family during a birthday lunch for my dad Sunday. Saturday we had birthday cake and I was out of the house for an hour or two. My dad was 75 on Saturday. You go, Daddy!

Other than that, I've been inside the house sleeping or reading magazines or watching TV. What a slug. I did manage to get the taxes done over the weekend. That is, our part of the taxes. Now I have to take everything to our tax lady so she can do whatever it is she does.

It's overcast and 75 degrees at this very moment, and it's on its way to 81 degrees for a high. Ahhh, winter in Texas. I'm turning on the air conditioner when I finish this entry. I can't stand to be the least bit hot & stuffy.

I just got back from doing the grocery shopping and the usual errands at the bank and post office. I was going to stop at Starbucks and Target, but I decided I didn't want to. I would have just spent $5 on one cup of coffee and blown who knows how much at Target on things we probably don't need.

I saw a new show on the Food Channel Saturday morning. I don't know if it's really new or not because I hardly ever turn on that channel anymore. It was called Down Home with the Neely's, and I liked it . I bought the stuff at the store to make the Strawberry Shortcut Cake. It sounds like something cool and light.

Well, shoot! I was just looking at that recipe on the link and guess what I forgot to get? The strawberry cake mix! Do you think I really need that? Ha. I guess I won't be making it today. I guess I'll take another nap instead. ;)

Oh, I forgot to tell you. I was initiated into the Boys' Club last Wednesday night. I'm the only female that's ever played in their regular monthly poker game. I'm honored. And I let them win so they wouldn't hate me. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what to pack when I come out there. It's kind of cold here, so I've been bundling up. Hmmmm.... guess I'll pack layers just in case.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥