Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Analness & Preparedness

What? Doesn't everybody type on little stickers and put them on their desk calendars all nicely and neatly?

Evidentally I got anal and bored yesterday and replaced all the messy handwritten stuff on my calendar with typed stickers. I write my bills on my desk calendar a week before the due date and check them off when I've paid them. I even put the ones on there that are paid by auto-draft so I remember to enter them into our budget program. I put the actual bills in a letter holder dealie on my desk until they are paid, and then I file them.

And yes, that's an Emergency Preparedness file in the front. You ALL should have one. You can download and print your own information for free at this site: Ready America Or you can call 1-800-BE-READY and request all the brochures to be mailed to you.

Through its Ready Campaign, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security educates
and empowers Americans to take some simple steps to prepare for and respond to
potential emergencies, including natural disasters and terrorist attacks. Ready
asks individuals to do three key things: get an emergency supply kit, make a
family emergency plan, and be informed about the different types of emergencies
that could occur and their appropriate responses.

You can thank me later if you're still alive and well. Sometimes being anal can save your life.

P.S. I do not know why Blogger doesn't get their shit together with this formatting. It messes up my pretty indents and spacing all the time. How hard can it be, people? It drives me insane!

************************

I have several things I need to do today that I've been putting off like:

1. Call the vet to get an appt for Sammi's checkup and shots/boosters.

2. Call the Dr.'s office and tell them they owe me $4000 because they filed with my insurance company and they actually paid them that much for the surgery I had already paid cash for. You'd think they'd be decent enough to just send me a check without me asking, but NO.

3. Call and make an appt with my primary doctor for many reasons.

4. Go pick out carpet or tile or wood for my office and master bedrooms and get an estimate.

5. Go to the bank, Staples, and grocery store.

I'll get all of them done except #4. I'd like to do #4 with Barnaby. (That last sentence sounds kinda nasty. Hee.)

************************

Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥