Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Snacks Anyone?

You've heard of a crack ho, right? Well, I'm a cracker ho. I love me some crackers. And here are two new varieties I'm enjoying.


And here are some nearly-gone Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies I made a couple of days ago. I only baked half the dough and froze the rest. Here's the recipe:

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped peanuts (optional)
1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream together shortening, margarine, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the oats and nuts until just combined. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Press with a sugared glass.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until just light brown. Cool and store in an airtight container.

It's really cold today (for Texas) and I'm fixin' to go light a fire in the fireplace and take a nap. I've been all about the nappin' lately. I'm living the life of luxury since work has been slow, and it can stay slow as far as I'm concerned. I could totally be retired and never get bored! At least not bored enough to want to work.

I need to rummage up something for supper tonight. I'm sure I can find something to throw together at the last minute. I think I have some canned chicken, flour tortillas, and other stuff to throw together some chicken enchiladas. Sounds good enough to me.

Don't look now, but the NASCAR season starts in a month. I can't wait! Sundays are just not the same without a race, even if we do sleep through at least a third of them. I'm curious to see how well Dale Jr. does now that he's with Hendrick Motor Sports instead of DEI. I hope he kicks ass. He got a raw deal at DEI. I'm sure his late father meant for him to have ownership of that company. He just didn't think he was going to take a permanent dirt nap so soon. Junior's step mom did not do the right thing by refusing to give it to him. What a hag.

Speaking of naps, that's where I'm headed. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥