Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Product Review: Chi Silk Infusion

That teeny-tiny little gray and red bottle of Chi Silk Infusion is magic for your hair. I have to be careful with it and only use a little bit because my hair is so baby-fine to start with. You pour a dime-size or less into your hand, smear it around with both hands, and rub it into your hair when it's still wet. Dry as usual, and you won't believe how soft and silky it feels. I'm sure if you have thick hair that tends to frizz, it would work even better for you. It smells good too -- it has kind of a musky scent to it.

One warning though...I thought this little bottle was $2.50 when I picked it up and put it in my basket. I found out after I got home that it was $12.50! Yikes! I got mine at CVS Drugstore. I've seen it other places, but they only had the big bottles that were $23 and up.

You can see the Vaseline Gel Oil in the background. It's still my favorite new product. If you didn't get any, go do it! You'll have the softest skin in town. No itchy skin, no dry patches, and no dry, cracked feet.
I made some great Chicken & Veggie Curry for supper last night. I couldn't find a recipe containing exactly what I like (I like chunks of cauliflower and carrots), so I winged it. It's a keeper.
Chicken & Veggie Curry

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2-3 tbsp olive oil 1-2 onions, chunked
1 (15oz) can chicken broth
Water
Cauliflower, carrots, and sweet potatoes, chunked (as much as you want)
1 tsp salt
2-3 tbsp curry powder
5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt & pepper to taste
2 heaping tbsp flour
¼ cup milk
Fresh cilantro

Bring a can of chicken broth and a can of water to a boil in a saucepan. Add cauliflower, carrots, sweet potatoes, 1 tsp salt, and enough water to barely cover. Let the veggies boil while you complete the next step. Heat olive oil in a large skillet and brown chicken and onions well.

When chicken is done, the veggies should have been boiling approximately 10-15 minutes and be about done also. Poor off half of the liquid the veggies are boiling in and add the veggies and remaining broth to the chicken & onion in the skillet. Add the curry powder, red pepper, and garlic. Mix well and bring to a boil. Mix flour with milk in a small bowl and add to the skillet. When mixture has thickened, add salt & pepper to taste and remove from heat. Sprinkle lots of fresh cilantro on top (if you like it) and serve over rice.
**********************

I slept wrong or something, and my right shoulder and neck are killing me. I can't turn my head all the way to the right or I cringe in pain and nearly pee. Just thought I'd share my misery.
Today I'm making some chocolate covered cherry candies for our party on Saturday. I've had the recipe literally for years but have never made them. I'll take pictures and post the recipe later today. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:12 AM

    I need to get the Vasoline Gel. I need non itchy winter skin. BP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey is that Granny's recipe for the chocolate covered cherries?
    I've had the recipe forever too, but haven't tried to make them yet. Hope yours turn out PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥