Thursday, January 17, 2008

Old Cripple Feet from Cripple Creek

Here are my dog, Phoebe's, crippled feet. They don't look normal, do they? Poor thing. she lays on the couch like that all the time. It must be comfortable for her. I've taken to calling her Ol' Cripple Feet from Cripple Creek. It makes me laugh. That's probably only funny to me, but she likes it. It's kind of a tongue-twister, and it's fun to say.

Lookie here. I'm fixin' to start working out. No, really, I am. I actually got on and accidentally started it yesterday. I walked for 13 seconds. Does that count?
I also put Sammi on it to try and get her used to it. She needs to walk off some energy. I've seen Cesar do it on his show on the National Geographic Channel. What's that show called? I can't think of it right now because I'm old and a scatterbrain. Dog Whisperer! That's it. Whew. None of my dogs have ever walked on a treadmill before without freaking out, and it was no different this time with Sammi. I figured I'd start really slow and make her get on there for a couple of minutes every day. Eventually she'll get used to it, you'd think. Right now I have to put on her collar and leash, tie her to the front, hold her backside with both hands, and force her to walk, otherwise she just slides right off the back or jumps off to the side.
The end.
Sorry for the abrupt ending, but I gotta go.

1 comment:

  1. Poor old Phoebe! Actually, her feet look like Savvy's feet and Savvy isn't crippled. Savvy spends a lot of time on the couch too..... something I said I'd never allow my pets to do.... Oh well, I must be getting mellow in my old age.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥