Wednesday, January 09, 2008

N/A

I know I've been totally boring lately with my entries, but I don't know what to do about it. You can't force it, ya know? So I apologize in advance for another boring entry.

I found this recipe in Health Magazine this month. I've had it cut out for several days, and I finally decided to make them yesterday. They're really good for cookies that are supposed to be good for you. I mean really good. I like them better than my regular oatmeal cookie recipe.

The Ultimate Heart-Smart Cookie:
Oatmeal-Date-Chocolate Cookies

6 tbsps butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups regular oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 lightly beaten egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pitted chopped dates
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and add brown sugar, stirring until smooth. In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking soda, oats and salt. Combine the butter mixture with the dry ingredients and add the egg, vanilla and dates. Fold in chocolate chips. Mix well and spoon mixture by tablespoon-fulls out onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes until tops are dry to the touch. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.

The recipe said it makes 32 cookies, but I only got 24. I used a melon-baller to scoop out the cookies so they weren't THAT big.

I was hoping to finish another hat today and have a picture, but it looks like I won't finish the trim until this evening. My arm needs a rest. I'm such a wimp, I get repetitive motion pain in my right bicept and forearm from crocheting. God, that's pathetic.

I've discovered Tylenol 8-hour Rapid Release capsules. They work really well. I usually buy generic acetaminophen and naproxen, but this Tylenol stuff seems to work better. I hate paying the money, but it's worth it for pain.

One of my Christmas presents from Barnaby was a fancy sign for my office door. He had it printed up at a print shop, and it says my business name and my name and "President and CEO." It makes me laugh every time I look at it.

I'm letting my hair grow out. I tell you this but you know it's very likely that I'll get fed up with it bugging the crap out of me and whack it all off again in a weak moment. And I have a lot of those. I'll try and get a decent picture so you can see how much longer it is. I really love it short because it's so comfortable and quick & easy. I just really miss having girl hair sometimes. Seems like I nearly always wore it up or pulled back when it was longer anyway.

Speaking of me being boring...you want to know how boring I am? I'm making Hamburger Helper tonight for dinner. Ha! You can't get much more boring than that. I'm making it with all-white ground turkey instead of hamburger. I told you I'm being healthier this year, and I meant it. I'm really having fun with it and making new things I wouldn't normally make. We've had several different kinds of whole wheat tortilla pizzas made with leftover roasted chicken, whole wheat pasta dishes, brown rice stir-fry dishes, and stuff like that. We both like tofu, but it never tastes as good at home as it does in restaurants.

Okay, that's all I can think of to ramble about today. Maybe something exciting will happen that I can share by t o morrow. See ya.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy having hair while you can. Mine is falling out like crazy. I may not have any hair by the time I come to visit you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥