Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday, Monday

This is what I saw when I opened my eyes Saturday morning. Sammi had it in her mouth just perfectly so that it was facing me and about 6 inches from my face. She was patiently waiting for me to wake up and play. It made me laugh out loud, and I was in a good mood all day. What would I do without my dogs to make me smile and laugh like that all the time?
The party went off without a hitch, and things couldn't have gone better. Everyone had a good time, including me. I really didn't have time to get all nervous since the first guests arrived nearly a half hour early! I didn't have my make-up on completely yet, my hair was sweaty, and my nails weren't done either. Whatever. It didn't matter.
Everyone left at 1:30 a.m. Barnaby and I were still so wound up we did dishes and had everything cleaned up before 2:30. I stayed up and read a magazine until 3:30 and finally went to sleep. The dogs let us sleep until 8:20 Sunday morning, and we had a lazy day just watching TV and messing around the house. Yesterday evening, we did two loads of laundry and watched 4 episodes of Desperate Housewives we had recorded. Two more and we'll be caught up on the season.
I feel like shopping today, but I need to resist the urge and not spend the money. I think I'll go in the living room and try to read a book.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah... there's always that one person that shows up early! Glad it didn't throw you into a tizzy though. (Put that on your list for next time.) I usually try and have myself ready an hour before I'm expecting guests and that way I can be puttering in the kitchen when people start to arrive. It always amazes me how people like to stay in the kitchen with me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥