Thursday, December 27, 2007

Product Reviews: Coffee-Mate & Swiffer Duster

I am totally insane now because my Brother printer decided to go all Nazi on me this morning. I’ve spent the last hour fixing non-existent paper jams and changing every freakin’ one of the ink cartridges, even though none of them were empty. Then I had to do no less than five printer head cleanings to get it to print correctly. I outlasted the damn thing though, and it’s now decided to work. And not a moment too soon either…I had the hammer out!

Those people at Brother put some kind of malevolent microchip in there that forces you to change the ink cartridges every so often even if they’re not empty. I swear they did. And they laugh all the way to the bank! I’m haten’ Brother at the moment. Can you tell? I’m sure they all do it, but Brother is the one I happen to have.

Moving on...as promised, two product reviews:

Coffee-Mate Blueberry Cobbler Non-Dairy Creamer (refrigerated liquid kind)

Just yum. I don’t use flavored creamers or even sugar in my coffee normally. I’m an iced coffee, creamer-only kind of girl. And I normally don’t ever drink hot coffee except in the winter on really cold mornings (and at Starbucks about half the time). Since it’s winter right now and I’m drinking hot coffee more often, I decided to try this. It says it’s a limited edition, so I’m not sure if it’ll be available much longer. I got the last one at my store. I had no desire to try the other seasonal flavors like Pumpkin Pie Spice or Eggnog. Yuck. For some reason, Blueberry Cobbler struck my fancy, and it’s really good.

Swiffer Duster

I love these dusters. They pick up dust like nobody’s business, and it doesn’t go flying back up into the air. They’re really good for cleaning TV and computer screens too. I keep one in my office and one in the kitchen at the ready. You never know when you’ll have a dust emergency. They are kind of expensive but totally worth it if you ask me. I just paid a little over $10 for 16 refills at Wal*Mart. I think that comes out to about $1.50 for each pad thingy – totally worth it since I use them until they are filthy. Hee.
Speaking of Wal*Mart…today, the day after Christmas, they had all their Christmas stuff on sale for 50% off and had already stocked the shelves with Valentine stuff. Valentines, as in the middle of February! Good grief. I’m sure the day after Valentines they’ll have the Easter stuff out.

And, and, and…as I mentioned yesterday, I already have the February issue of my Oxygen Magazine, and it’s only December! Why is everybody in such a hurry? No wonder the year seems to go by so quickly.

I cleaned out my pantry again about a month ago, and this time it has stayed clean and orderly. I do believe I have the most organized pantry in all the land. And my pantry is big, I tell you. And since I have some sort of food hoarding disorder, I think I have to fill it up lest we starve.
Is my life exciting or what?

Okay, I’m done. Have a great day, everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:52 AM

    Your life is exciting or as Mamaw said, f**king blessed. God, I loved that woman. BP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You'd like the swiffer floor duster thingy too. I love them! Quick.... easy....light weight... and those floor pads really pick up the dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Did you know your birthday is on the same day the time changes in the Fall of 2008? Cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥