Saturday, December 15, 2007

Pickin' Cotton

That title makes no sense. I just made it up because I couldn't think of anything.

It's 9:15 p.m., and I just remembered that I am committed to making an entry every day this month at Holidailies and haven't made one yet today.

We didn't do a whole lot today except to go Wal-Mart along with the rest of civilization judging by the crowd. I've been crocheting some, napping some, and watching TV some. I also succeeded in teaching Sammi to "ring the bell" this evening! I was so proud and excited when she finally did it on her own. I have the patience of Job with dogs, and absolutely zero with people. Go figure. It took her three lessons of about 15 minutes each. I'll get a picture of it tomorrow.

I have to fill up this space with something, so here's a healthy recipe (for a change!) for a breakfast, snack, or dessert. I got the recipe HERE.



Shelly's Strawberry Ricotta Parfait


1 cup ricotta cheese
2 Tbsp *Torani Sugar-Free Syrup (or more to taste)
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
1 cup granola or cereal

Mix ricotta and syrup in a bowl until smooth. Spoon 2 tbsp of the Granola into glasses. Top with 2 tbsp of the ricotta mixture and a thick layer of strawberry slices. Repeat.


I get this syrup at World Market (Costco). You can also buy it online. Just Google "Torani Syrups." It's pretty inexpensive. Shelly recommends vanilla bean, english toffee or almond flavors. You can also vary the fruit to whatever you like or whatever is in season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥