Monday, December 03, 2007

I'm Brain Dead But a Winner

You may have noticed the Holidailies button that appeared in the sidebar of my blog. I joined Holidailies about a week ago and was supposed to be posting an entry a day through the month of December. And then I promptly forgot and haven't made an entry since December began on Saturday! What a dumbass. I swear, I would forget my head if... well, you know the rest. I'm probably going to be kicked out and sent to the Hall of Shame for bloggers. But that doesn't exsit that I'm aware of because I just made it up, so maybe I'll be okay if I'm diligent from here on out.

Okay, here we go...

These are the cinnamon rolls I made to take to the poker game on Saturday night. This is a picture of the raw dough before they were baked and iced. The recipe is definitely a keeper. I really liked it because you can use your bread machine for the dough. I thought that made it a little easier with less mess. You can find the recipe HERE.

Excuse the wet spot on the front of my skirt. Do y'all think this outfit is age-appropriate for a 47-year-old? I decided it wasn't and didn't wear it. I did wear a blue jean skirt and tights, but the skirt was a little longer, and I changed to a long-sleeved top and longish sleeveless sweater vest.

And now the big news. We played in three tournaments Saturday night, and I won two of them and placed second in the other! Yee-haw! I was so lucky and got the best cards all night. I could do nothing wrong! I'd like to think it was all skill, and I did play very well, but I know that there was a lot of luck involved too.

Barnaby won the tournament that I placed second in and placed second in another one. Those people all hate us now and will probably never invite us to another poker game! Hee. We came home with $440 more than we left with. Not bad for nine hours of really fun work.

Back tomorrow! See ya.

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing wrong with the original outfit you had on. It looked age appropriate enough to me! But, if it made you feel self conscious, then don't wear it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥