Thursday, December 06, 2007

I'm Blue :(

I need to post an entry today, but I'm feeling more and more dispirited as the day goes on. I'd hate to be a big bummer for y'all coming here to read something lighthearted. I'm really not sure why I'm feeling this way -- well, I kind of do. I think. But maybe not. I'm just not sure why it's bothering me to the degree that I may take to my bed for a week or two and hide. That has always been my reaction to stress. Well, not always. I used to drink. Thank god I don't have the least little urge anymore for that nonsense. It is always in the back of my mind. It's just not an option anymore.

I hate feeling like I'm on the verge of boo-hooing and not really knowing why. It's that damn estrogen, I tell you! It makes us women-folk crazy.

I made some sugar cookies this morning. I've had a cookie recipe I've been wanting to try, but I just haven't been in the mood for them. They're Chocolate Chip Whopper Cookies. You roughly chop Whoppers and add them to the batter along with a cup of malt powder. I've made something similar before with malt powder but no Whoppers, and they were pretty good. I'm sure these will be too. How can they be bad?

If you've bought or are going to buy any chocolate covered cherries, which are EVERYWHERE right now and only 97 cents at Wal-Mart, freeze them before you eat them. They're much better that way. Trust me. They don't get rock-hard or anything, just a little chewy and the filling turns white. The Zachery brand sucks. Queen Ann brand is pretty good. Can anybody get Brach's chocolate covered cherries anymore? I haven't seen them here in years, and that's what I really prefer.

Maybe I need some chocolate. Or a nap. Or coffee. Or a poke in the nose.

Ciao, bellas. I don't know if that even means anything.

2 comments:

  1. You can find Brach's chocolate covered cherries either, huh? I haven't been able to find them either... only Premier or Queen Ann. The Queen Ann's are pretty good but not as good as Brach's. I wonder what the deal is with Brach's???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:31 AM

    Don't get down. Stay busy and and remember you can't save the world, just yourself. I'm gonna get you!
    BP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥