Thursday, December 13, 2007

Flips & Cookies & Bells

I hope I'm not as hungry all day today like I was yesterday. I could not get full. It didn't matter what I ate, I was still hungry. I didn't even try to calculate my calories for the day or even make a food list. I'm skeered. Sometimes you just have days like that, I guess.

Dear Santa, I would like one of these digital camcorders, please. And one for everyone in my family if you're feeling generous! We've been really good.

Oatmeal Fudgies

They have to be in my top three favorite "cookies," although they're really a candy if you ask me.

Oatmeal Fudgies

1 stick butter
2 cups sugar
3 tbsp cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups oatmeal

Put 3 cups of oatmeal in a large bowl; set aside. Melt butter in a saucepan, add sugar, cocoa, and milk. Bring to a full boil then start timing and boil for one minute. Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until peanut butter has melted and then add to oatmeal and stir until well combined. Drop by tablespoonsful onto wax paper. Cool completely until set. Store in an airtight container. People go crazy for these cookies (candy)!

"Shake, Sammi!" She's so smart.

Next I'm teaching her to "ring the bell" like the other dogs do. I have one of those bells dome-shaped bells that has the little button on top that you tap on to make the bell ring. Abby and Phoebe learned to ring it in less than 10 minutes when they were young, and they just love it when I bring it out. They immediately start trying to ring it because they know they get a Meaty Bone when they do. I worked with Sammi a couple of nights ago for about 20 minutes, but she never would ring it. She acted like she was a little afraid of it. I'm sure she'll get the hang of it eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥