Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Attention Please!

I interrupt my day to make another post because this is a recipe emergency! Pay close attention, and do exactly as I say. Go out and buy the ingredients for this and make it immediately. This is so ding-dang good. You may kiss my feet when you're finished.

Roasting Veggies for Spread Recipe
Roasted Eggplant Spread

Roasted Eggplant Spread

1 medium eggplant, peeled
2 red bell peppers, seeded
1 red onion, peeled
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons good olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon tomato paste

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion into 1-inch cubes. Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread them on a baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking. Cool slightly. Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the tomato paste, and pulse 3 or 4 times to blend. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste.

Recipe from Shelly.

Serve with crusty French bread, pita chips, or schmear it on some chicken breasts with some parmesan and bake for Presto Chicken Eggplant Parmesan.

I used my handy-dandy hand-crank thing-a-ma-jig instead of a food processor, and it worked great. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is my all-time favorite kitchen tool. I use it constantly. I got my first one at the State Fair of Texas at least a dozen years ago. I've ordered from that link a couple of times since then when it falls apart from being used so much. I think I crack the bowl somehow and that's why I've had to order new ones. I think one time I ordered because the blades got dull. It was just easier than sharpening them.

I have two product reviews ready for you tomorrow. Now go to the grocery store and make this spread!

Also, please note the links on the right-hand side of my page have been updated. You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. i placed this link on my facebook so I can come back an make it tomorrow oh it looks good I lv veggie anything

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥