Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Thanksgiving went well. For the first time ever (as an adult) I sat on my ass and didn't do one dish after dinner. I didn't feel guilty either, which is a huge deal for me. I feel guilty about everything, warranted or not. I brought my crochet stuff and sat and visited and crocheted, and that was it.

We just finished putting up the Christmas tree. I'm a little disappointed. I think it's because the tree needs another string of lights strung around the pole that goes through the middle. It's awful dark in the middle, and it needs some light shining out from the center for the ornaments and stuff to show up better. I'll get a picture of it to share once I've done that. It also needs more large ornaments. We only have two right now. All the others are smallish. I'm liking the all purple thing though. Don't know if I'll get sick of it or not.

We're supposed to go to a Christmas tree lighting on the square in McKinney, Texas tonight. They're going to have fake snow on the whole block, and it will be decorated like a Victorian village. Sounds very Christmasy and festive, but I think we may skip out and go to Wal-Mart and to eat pizza instead. That's what Barnaby wants to do, and I think I agree.

It's supposed to be really, really, really cold tonight. It was cold yesterday too. It's the kind of cold that hurts. I like it as long as I don't have to stand outside in it. I don't even own a heavy coat. I'm sure I could layer on enough clothes to keep me warm, but I'm just not feeling it. Thanksgiving was enough socializing for me for a while.

Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Cold here too! Down to 60 degrees when the sun went down and that was cold enough for me to go in for a sweater. Great Thanksgiving dinner for us too! Glad yours was good and you didn't have to do dishes! Yea! Save those purple ornaments. They go great with blue and red on the tree for that "jewel tone" look. That's what I'm doing this year on my tree. I bought some purple ornaments but don't know if I have enough. Do you have Big Lots there? That's where I got my purple ornaments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥