Friday, November 09, 2007

Slacker Dutch Apple Pie

I should be working, but I've been a slacker the past few months. I cannot concentrate on work for more than 20 minutes or so. I put work off like nobody's business and just fiddle-fart around all day. It's not like I'm napping or watching TV. I'm doing things that need to be done, and everything takes me forever nowadays.

Earlier today I got distracted when I went outside to supervise the dogs' pooing and scoop it up, and I ended up cleaning the back porch like the Inspector General was coming over or something. I even washed down the furniture and cleaned out the garden. It sure looks good, but I'd rather have my work done.

Whatever.

I'm going to make Dutch apple pie as soon as I can get to the store and do the grocery shopping. I've used a certain recipe for years and have never found one better. I think you'll agree if you try it.

Dutch Apple Pie

Crumb Crust:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats

Filling:
2/3 cup sugar
3 Tbsps cornstarch
1 1/4 cups water
3 cups diced, peeled Granny Smith apples
1 tsp vanilla extract

Combine the first four ingredients; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9-inch pie plate; set aside.

For the filling, combine sugar, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in apples and vanilla. Pour into crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Makes 6-8 servings.

1 comment:

  1. Hey....maybe the Inspector General is coming to your house! This is Veteran's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥