Tuesday, November 13, 2007

No Graphics, Just Words

Blogger has a hitch in its get-along and can't upload my pictures right now, so you'll just have to read this without any pictures and get over it.

I have no idea why I thought it necessary to warn you ahead of time that I was making an entry today, and for y'all to "just hang on." (See previous entry today) Like all the minions of the Internet are waiting for ME to post an entry! What? It could happen.

As much as I didn't want to, I made it to my dermatologist appointment yesterday. And I waited, and waited, and waited. And then I left in a huff without seeing him. Hmpf.

You know, it's a shame. It took me literally YEARS to finally make that appointment, and now because of his shameless tardiness and my unwillingness to sit there seemingly hours until he felt like seeing me, I still have not seen a doctor to check my bod for melanoma. Melanoma that runs rampant in my family. My mother, my aunt, and my grandfather have had melanoma, and from the looks of my skin, I probably will at some point in my life. Hopefully not yet, because if I do already have it somewhere, it's spreading to me brain as we speak, mates. And it will keep on spreading because I'm not making another appointment anytime soon.

Yes, I know I should, and my life might even depend on it, but I know myself well enough to know that this was my shot for awhile. I'm as much to blame, if not more, than that doctor is, but I was pointing out someone else's shortcomings, not mine. Whatever. Shut up.

Tonight I'm going to make turkey and dressing rollups with gravy for ten men. Barnaby is taking dinner to his monthly poker game tomorrow night. I'm also making pumpkin pie and some cranberry almond bark candy, but first we have to go to the grocery store because I don't have anything with which to make the above dinner. If I hadn't been slammed with work the past few days, I would have already done that, but alas, I have not.

All I really want to do is crochet. I've got a good start on an afghan, the pictures of which will not appear today because of Blogger's aforementioned brain fart. Maybe tomorrow.

I was trying to find a giant picture of a really gross melanoma, too, but y'all couldn't see it today anyway, so I gave up. Are you sad?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥