Sunday, November 25, 2007

Holiday Weekend Continues

My plan to have a healthy eating day lasted less than one minute. I got up this morning and walked into the kitchen where the cow patty-size chocolate chip cookies that I made last night were, and promptly began eating one. Maybe I can recover and just pretend that didn't happen.

I spent all day yesterday in my pajamas sitting in front of the fire crocheting, and I loved every minute of it. I think I'll do the same today, except I think I'll take a shower first. Good idea, Miss Stinky Britches.

About those cow patty-sized cookies...HERE is a link to the recipe I used, only I halved it so I wouldn't have a ton of them, and I used vanilla chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and toffee chips.

Barnaby has been working out in the garage the past couple of days building a new poker table. He's been to Lowe's at least 5 times. He just came in here a few minutes ago and told me he was going to Lowe's AGAIN. Good thing it's only 5 minutes away. He said he was going to ask them if he could rent a room. Hee.

If I feel like it, I may venture out and go to Michael's today for yarn. I want to make a Prayer Shawl for someone, and I need some thick, soft yarn. I also need to pop into Ulta, which is right next door, and get a new gray eye pencil. Mine mysteriously disappeared.

Barnaby, the notorious Christmas decoration hater, insisted we buy a new Christmas tree when we were at Wal-Mart Friday. I argued for about five minutes but finally gave in. He doesn't like the one we spent all day putting up and decorating on Friday. Yes, I said we. After telling me we were not putting up a Christmas tree (like he does every year), he merrily joined in when I started putting it up anyway. And then he lost his ever-lovin' mind at Wal-Mart and decided we needed a new one. Then he saw our next door neighbor putting lights on his roof, and I could see the wheels turning. He cursed him for putting up the lights and said something about keeping up with the Jones' (Joneses?). I wouldnt be surprised if he's on the roof later today. For 15 years, it's been, "Bah Humbug!" every Christmas, and now he's gone nuts on me.

Where is my husband, and what have you done with him?

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! Hilarious! It's hard to say no to all that glitter in the stores. When Big Daddy and I went out to the garage to get our decorations out, we found 2 trees! It took me at least a half hour to "remember" where I got the other tree and when. It was so weird to NOT REMEMBER! I wrote a note on the box so I wouldn't have to go through that again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:18 AM

    My God..........you've posted your ass off. It gave me a good twenty minutes of reading. You know my secret to peeling eggs and it works
    dammit, you just won't listen! Sorry! Really! I got my jar of Christmas out and I'm done, except for the shopping which means gift certificates. Where you want one from???? Keep blogging. BP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥