Thursday, November 29, 2007

French Dip

Before Shredding

Uh-oh. My ears are stopped up and my sinuses are slightly swollen. Or maybe I'm freaking out and imagining the sinus part. I hope it's just an allergy and not a cold coming on.

I made a roast in the crockpot today. Usually I can smell it pretty strongly, but I don't smell anything unless I go in the kitchen and get right on top of it. I smell limes but not roast. Hmpf.

Anywho...this is the recipe I used for the roast. It's been a favorite for a few years now.

French Dip Roast

Rump Roast (I think mine is usually 2-3 lbs)
2 cups of water
1/2 cup of soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried rosemary (I use fresh)
black pepper

Dump everything in the crockpot and leave it on low at least 8 hours. I usually start mine out on high for a couple of hours and then turn it down because I'm usually at home all day. When it's done and falling apart when you pick it up, shred it with two forks and pour a little of the gravy over it to keep it moist. Save the rest of the "gravy" for serving with the roast.

We like it on flour tortillas, but you can serve it with French rolls or whatever you like and dip it in the gravy. Yum.
I'm going to eat dinner now. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥